The Connector performs the key function of connecting the Drupal site to VisualML's Core Repository it is a prerequisite for all other VisualML XML modules. As illustrated below, the Connector effectively replaces the relational database in Drupal with the Central Content Repository.
VisualML Connector Module Block Diagram
Because of the architecture of our implementation of the Connector module, we are comfortable saying that any module that currently works with Drupal, will still work with Drupal when the relational database content store is replaced with the Central Content Repository. Management of Drupal’s internal machinations, such as user management, remains in the relational database as shown in the figure.
The key features of the Module are:
- Content is synchronized between Drupal and MLS – changes made in either location are reflected across the system
- Provides methods to
- Synchronize XML content in any schema into a VisualML Custom Content Type
- Assign an XSL Transform to each XML Document synchronized into the Drupal instance.
- List all XML Content associated with the Drupal Deployment
- Each time an XML Document is called from Drupal, the XML is pulled from the Central Content Repository, Transformed with the XSLT and displayed in the VisualML Custom Content Type (as deployed in a page, block, etc).
- Optionally, version control is maintained, including ability to review and revert to previous versions using the Edit module.
- Multi-domain Drupal support – power multiple Drupal websites from a single content repository
- Enables rapid deployment of device specific (iPhone, etc) websites
- Leverage all capabilities of Drupal, including all additional modules
- Leverage all features of the MarkLogic Server in the Central Content repository for content management, rapid product deployment, etc.
For more functional or deployment information about this module, please contact us here.